Read time: 5 minutes
The Ultimate in Gaming Power and Performance
Thanks to it’s 10th Generation Intel Core processors, the Alienware 17 Area-51m Gaming Laptop brings unrivalled levels of performance. With a selection of core processors available, an advanced cooling system and upgradable CPU and GPUs, the Alienware 17 Area-51 Laptop is the perfect alternative to a desktop machine.
A Whole New Level of Gaming Power.
A first of its kind for Dell, the Alienware 17 Area-51m features a variety of firsts for power and performance. Unlike any other Dell machine, it features a 10th Gen Intel Core i9K desktop processor, support for up to 125W of power and 10-core desktop CPU options. It truly is a whole new level of gaming power.
Unparalleled Power and Performance
Ideal for all levels of use, the Area-51m R2 supports up to 64GB of DDR4 memory at 2933Mhz or 32GB or DDR4 XMP memory at 3200Mhz, providing more than enough RAM for even the most intensive gamer, developer or streamer.
Alongside the outstanding built-in memory, the Area-51m R2 supports up to 4x SSDs for mass storage with RAID5 capabilities; allowing you to relax safely in the knowledge that your files are safe and performance won’t be affected.
Superior Graphics and Gameplay
Enjoy intense, nonstop gaming and faster frame rates during high-powered gameplay thanks to NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics or, for the first time in the Area-51m R2, AMD Radeon graphics. Now featuring a new 360Hz FHD display option, you can expect the smoothest fast-paced gameplay and the best 17″ front-of-screen experience imaginable.
Upgraded Cooling Performance
Based on you graphics selection the Area-51m R2 brings with it a choice of three cooling and power management solutions. Fan blades are 10% larger than previous models, allowing for better performance and improved cooling when playing for longer stretches of time.
Iconic Design with a Modern Edge
The futuristic design of the Area-51m R2 reflects the diverse, evolving nature of gamers everywhere, incorporating high contrast, performance-focused engineering with blended bone lines, angled sections, bold lighting, and celebrated thermals.
The unique magnesium alloy exoskeleton enables enhanced rigidity, while reducing overall chassis weight. This allows more space for high-performance components inside the machine.
Gamers can choose between a new, futuristic look in Lunar Light or Dark Side of the Moon, a darker, more traditional appearance.
- Advanced keyboard: With the Alienware TactX keyboard, N-key rollover technology enables over 108-key commands for maximum actions per minute and 1.7mm of key travel allows for rapid response for any keystroke. Per-key AlienFX lighting delivers customizable lighting profiles, while programmable macro keys let you create gaming and non-gaming shortcuts for over 150 game titles.
- 2.5Gbps Killer Ethernet: The Area-51m R2 features up to 2.5Gbps of bandwidth over a Killer E3000 Ethernet port providing gamers up to 2.5x the amount of bandwidth available in common, wired Ethernet, connections for blazing-fast file transfers.
- Thunderbolt Type-C port: This multi-use port is ready to be used as a USB 3.1 port, offering 10Gbps of data transfer, a Thunderbolt™ connection capable of 40Gbps, or even a DisplayPort enabling various monitors supporting the DisplayPort protocol.
- Hear every battle cry: Experience every sound with best-in-class speakers for a laptop. High-end headphone support delivers outstanding fidelity while Far Field Audio improves microphone performance.
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: Front 27.65 mm (1.089″), Peak 44 mm (1.7″), Rear 31.8 mm (1.25″)
- Width: 402.60 mm (15.85″)
- Length: 319.14 mm (12.565″)
- Entry Weight: 4.1 kg (9.04 lb)